View Phuket to Ko Phi Phi in a larger map
Though it was a short ride, it was a world apart. I had been reading and sleeping for most of the short trip and so I wasn't focused too much on the scenery. When I looked out the window in the harbor I beheld this: (cue heavenly chorus of angels)

We wandered around the small village with our packs to find somewhere to stay. We didn't have people trying to get us to take their taxi (mainly because there are none on the island because you can walk everywhere), there weren't cars honking their horns (just a bicycle bell or two), no one was trying to lead us to hotels against our will so they could get commission (the scuba shops would give you friendly, accurate, and free information with only "if you're interested in diving, come check us out.")
I love it here!
We found a cheap guesthouse, dropped off our stuff and I found an internet cafe to skype with my family. I was able to talk to the entire crew in one go. I loved it. After that I went straight to the beach with it's white sand and beautiful blue water to relax. We met really friendly people, ate delicious food, and saw beautiful scenery.
We also did a snorkel/kayak/sunset cruise which was a good choice.
The next day we climbed to the viewpoint and saw this:
After the hike, we had lunch at a little restaurant and looked over at the refrigerator...
Close up...
No, cat was not on the menu. That's just where they liked to hang out... In the refrigerator... with the food and drinks. Amazingly, there wasn't a single hair in my meal!
That night, I got to see this sunset:
What a beautiful island.


BEAUTIFUL!! I could live on that island for a long, long time...
ReplyDeleteRE the cats: Quoting my favorite Noah phrase "WHAT THE....?"
ReplyDeleteYeah! Cats... In the Fridge! I saw a photo on the wall after that looked a couple years old and the grey cat was sitting in the fridge then too! I don't get it. Maybe because it was a really furry cat and it's a pretty hot place??
ReplyDeleteDid you have any kind of meat with that lunch?
ReplyDeleteThe Island - sounds like a perfect place to retire and write a book!