View Ko Lipe in a larger map
The common form of transportation is the Songthaew (which literally means "two rows"). It's a small pickup truck with a cover over the back and a row on each side of the bed. While you're walking along the street, you get beeped at every 30 seconds because they want to know if you want a ride. You just wave them down, hop on, and when you want to get off, push the little doorbell, pay the driver 10 baht (about 30 cents US) and that's it. Very easy and convenient.
I didn't take any pics of Pattaya because I didn't really like it. It's dirty, over-commercialized, sleazy, and obnoxious. Everyone is always trying to sell you something while you're walking down the street or laying on the beach. "No, I don't want a belt." "No, I don't want a tailor made suit." "No, I don't want a taxi." "No, I don't want a massage." "No, I don't want a Thai wife."
Yes, I do want to get out of here.
Oh, but I did get sick of my hair and got a haircut and a shave.




I love a nicely shorn man!
ReplyDelete