Ok so internet is readily available all over but the time to use it is not. I finally got a bunch of pics uploaded so here are some slideshows of my time in Devon.
We had a BEAUTIFUL day so Yvonne and her friend Nell took me to Dartmouth on the double decker bus. There are small country lanes between Paignton and Dartmouth and the bus just barely fits width-wise, but you can tell that tourist season has just started so they brought out the double decker to accommodate the increased ridership. The bus company was more on the ball than the street tree trimmers so there are plenty of low-hanging branches to add to the excitement on the trip. Plus the roads are uneven and the sway can be felt even more at 10 feet above the pavement. I took a video of the trip and tried to keep it as still as possible... but this is what I got.
Here are some still-photos once we made it.
The next day wasn't quite as beautiful but Ray and Yvonne took me to Dawlish to see the black swans. One of the many claims to fame in Devon is the Clotted Cream (mmmm sound delicious? the word 'clotted' doesn't exactly start the mouth a-waterin'). It's almost like butter but I guess it's more of a delicacy because it's all cream? Anyway. Some enterprising baker in Dawlish decided to make it part of the ice cream selection in their shop. You could have a vanilla ice cream with a stick of flake chocolate in it and/or with a big ol' dollop of clotted cream. Yeah. Butter on ice cream. That's what I thought. It was an experience that my arteries will remember.
After that I stayed with Krystle and Dave and they showed me around Cockington and other parts of Torquay. I also got to see the rest of Krystle's family (Kathy, Danny and Kelly) and it was fun to see them all grown up. Unfortunately my camera was charging that day.
I got to go to church in Paignton on Sunday. For a very long time the members there didn't have a building but a few years ago the church bought and refurbished a beautiful building that used to be a boarding house or something like that. It was fun to see old friends. It was like everyone was the same but the kids were taller. I've missed these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh bo bo...I remember some of those names and the time you were in Paignton. What a great opportunity to go back. Did they all remember you? I am afraid no one would remember me from so long ago.
ReplyDelete