We drove overnight to London from Llandudno and caught our flight to Malaysia. We had plenty of time to catch up on sleep because the flight was 13 hours long! We flew Air Asia, which has some killer deals on tickets but they cut out the extras... The Southwest airlines of Asia except without the denim and kahki outfits.
Kuala Lumpur is a huge city and it's not the cleanest. If we had smell-o-vision you would be able to experience this place better. We first got to the hotel (at 8am) and asked the front desk girl where a there was a good place to eat. She said there was a McDonalds, KFC, and Starbucks close. But we decided to get started on our real experience. "Where would you go to eat and what would you have?" She directed us to a little food court at a nearby office building.
"Food court?" you may ask.
Yes. But we didn't see Hot Dog on a Stick, Sbarro, or Mongolian Barbecue. It was a bunch of stalls offering all sorts of dishes. When unsure of what to eat, go where all the locals are. I got some rice and some stuff that looked like chicken and beef in sauce. I was eating along and enjoying my selection when I came upon something that made me think, "vegetable, mineral, or animal?" Since I couldn't figure it out, and it looked like something alien, I pushed it to the side and continued on my delicious journey. I haven't seen anything like it since or I would ask. Oh, and sorry there's not a photo of it.
Malaysia has a strong Muslim influence and there were mosques everywhere. We were able to go tour one but we were wearing shorts and T-shirts so we had to cover up to their standards. I felt like it was graduation. And Celia had to cover her head.
Kuala Lumpur is the home of the Patronas towers. Two twin towers that have a skybridge between them. I think it was featured in a Mission Impossible or something. We weren't able to go up because the tickets were out for the day we were there and we were leaving the next day. But the outside was pretty cool and the chandelier inside was just as beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is quite the teaser. You are going to have to be very detailed about this next part of your trip because I have NO idea about life in Malaysia. Had a great week with our USA family. Everyone asked about your trip...and I am trying to help you finance it by advertising your car. Love You!
ReplyDeleteSuz
Wow! That is amazing! You were in my dream the other night, and I was so surprised to see you so I said," I thought your were in Indonesia?" and you said, "I still am." Crazy! It looks like you are having a great time. Blogging AND taking photos...you have definitely become a more seasoned traveler!
ReplyDelete